CLT20 2014 - Umar Akmal: 'The bowlers did well


Well, this loss has pushed Mumbai into a tight corner. Their batting display was one of fits and starts, and as Pollard emphasized, they need to summon their A-game to the table to advance to the tournament proper. Coming to Lahore Lions, it was an impressive all-round effort. Earlier, Northern Knights cruised home in a truncated match. Cheers for your company and comments tonight. Do join us back tomorrow for the double-header. Until then, take care and good night.

Umar Akmal: 'The bowlers did well. Hopefully, we will continue winning. Hafeez is the senior player, the youngsters did their job. I am happy, I hope to do well.'

Umar Akmal is the Man of the Match for his 18-ball 38 to go with two catches behind the stumps.

Hafeez: 'I think the bowlers did a good job earlier. Wahab, Cheema, everyone bowled well. Umar Akmal was exceptional in the end. We had four seamers and wanted them to swing the ball. Everyone did their role. We all know Mumbai are one of the big names in the Indian T20 League. We needed this start.'

Pollard: 'I am not sure. I can't comment on that now (when enquired about Praveen Kumar's injury) When I go back, I can assess it. We were not able to pick up early wickets, but we pulled things back in the middle. The ball was pretty wet, I can't fault the bowlers. Ojha bowled well, Bhajji bowled well. The pressure is on us. Two knockout games from now. We have never won World T20 League easy. Yes, these things happen. We will have to regroup and bring our A-game, batting, bowling and fielding.'